Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Search for Roommates

Today, an article about my upcoming year in Miami was published the the newspaper! Check it out at http://salinereporter.com/stories/070308/loc_20080703006.shtml .

Having spent the last two weeks in California on vacation and with only one month remaining until I leave for Miami for good, I realize now is the time I have to start getting serious about what is going to happen next year. I hope to visit Miami in mid-July to look for a place to live, but right now, I'm concentrating on finding roommates. There are two people who are for sure going to be living with me next year, but the search continues. The stipend I will be receiving next year will be very small, so I have to stretch every dollar of that. One way to help with that will be to find people to share rent expenses with. I will not meet any of my roommates until the day we actually move in, so it is kind of making me nervous that I know nothing about these people and what they are like. All of my roommates will also be City Year Miami corp members, though, so at least we will have something in common.

Countdown to the start of City Year Miami: 56 days

-Aly

1 comment:

Miss Building Blocks said...

Hey Aly-

I came to your blog, after realizes that you're on the same blog page as me (I never really visited blogs until recently lol). I also read your article.

As your sister, I love you... but also as a friend! You are a wonderful person doing wonderful things... I've applied to volunteer at the Children's Hospital of Michigan which is a 6 month volunteering project, and when I think about how much hard work it's gonna be and if I'll actually be able to do it, I think of you (what a run-on sentence lol)! If Alyssa can do it and make a difference, so can I!

To tie in with your project, I want to introduce you to my blog which is for young adults. Visit it and let me know what you think!

Love ya-
Brittney
missbuildingblocks.blogspot.com