Tuesday, January 6, 2009

853 Hrs.

Work went well today, other than the fact that I am become increasingly frustrated with my team at R. R. Moton.

The first tutor group that I teach during the day which takes place at 8:45 a.m. consists of a large group of first grades. That thirty minutes really wears me out, because it is difficult to get anything done during that session, including getting the students to sit down and open their books with hurting each other. Today, however, my first graders were little angels! One of my students was absent for most of the lesson, and when she arrived for the last five minutes and all of my students became completely out of control, I quickly realized that she provokes each and every one of them into bad behavior. I don't yet know what I will do about that for the future.

I also had a little bit of an issue during my third grade tutor session when one of my students refused to participate. I told her that if she did not read along with the group that she would have to stay after class and miss her magnate class until she read the passage to me, and that is what I ended up having to do. After thirty minutes of several calls to her parents and stern words from myself and her teacher, she finally decided to read the passage, but only in a voice that was almost unintelligible. What a not-so-good end to my day.

-Aly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aly, I love that you were so persistent- that takes a lot of balls. I love you, girl, I hope you know that :-)