Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year and New Beginnings

I always love the celebration of the new year, because it provides a time for reflection and a time for new beginnings.

As far as reflection upon this past year - as of this time last year, I had no idea that I would be spending this time in Miami! Cory, his parents, and myself spent the day at the beach today, and I would not have believed anyone who told me January 1st last year that this is where I would be now. I also could not have told you that I would be an economics major, that I would be the proud owner of a crazy kitten named Pip, or that I would learn so much more patience.

As far as new beginnings - my resolution for this new year is to make the most of every moment, and to not waste a single second. I have always been told to make the most of every day, but I don't really believe that that is enough. It is true that you never know if you will be alive tomorrow, but that can also be true of the next second. I want to get the most I can out of every moment in time, because no one knows what will happen one second from now...

No comments: