Tuesday, November 11, 2008

497.25 Hrs.

By miracles of miracles, today was a day off for CY because of Veterans' Day. As excited as I was about having a day off, I was also a little peeved that I did not know about it sooner so that I might not have had to take those days off last week to get Pip declawed. As is happened, though, today was a rough day for me anyway. Let me summarize my day for you:

-Wake up and while still in bed with Pip and Francheska, realize that Fran is infested with fleas
-Call vet to beg for an appointment for today
-Spend all day waiting around for the vet and feeling itchy because I now think I may have fleas
-Wash everything in the house, including the linens I just washed on Saturday
-Walk 20 blocks to Target to get all-natural cat litter, since Pip's bandages were to come off today
-Walk 20 blocks home and scowl at my friend who drove by and didn't offer me a ride
-Bandage up about twenty cuts I got on my hands from carrying the box of cat litter home
-Empty litter box and try to drag the bag of litter to the trashcan; it breaks halfway to the trash, so I spend time trying to find a broom with which to clean it up
-Walk to Walgreen's to purchase Boric Acid
-Max out credit card by paying for vet visit and flea medication for both Fran and Pip
-Spread boric acid over every square inch of my apartment
-Shower and frantically try to scrub all of the fleas off of me

-Aly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Days like that are tough and can really get a person down. Just remember how you felt Saturday when you helped clean up the city.

BTW, are the fleas gone?

Love, Mom