Monday, November 17, 2008

532.25 Hrs.

As I may have alluded to before, the people I meet in Miami tend to be very odd. For example: today was a cooler day in Miami - the high temperature was at about 75 degrees. The wind, however, made it feel five to ten degrees colder. I thought that this was wonderful weather, especially for the end of November, but apparently, no one else in Miami felt that way. Most of the people I saw today were walking around in mittens, hats, and heavy winter jackets! How funny.

Today was most definitely a Monday. None of the kids I work with seemed like there were ready to settle into school for the week yet. For my first class of the day, I actually had to end up just having the kids sit silently with their heads on their desks. The rest of the day wasn't much better, other than for a couple exceptions. My second first grade group that is usually my worst group of the day did not cause my any headache today. The reason for this is that I took them out to work with each of them individually instead of trying to control all of them at once and by myself. Also, J. A. was awesome today; we ran our second Starfish session, and the kids absolutely loved it.

On the other hand, however, my team's closing circle was filled with complaints and negativity; that kind of ended my day on an unhappy note.

-Aly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WANNA GIVE YOU A HUG!!!

*HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG*

Love you :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey sis! How are you? I can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving! XOXO