Thursday, December 11, 2008

685.5 Hrs.

Wow! I can not believe that I did not even get home until 11:00 p.m. this evening!

Today was like any other day, except for what I did after school. J. A. was canceled since we were not actually supposed to be working at R. R. Moton today because of a meeting we were going to have. Since we run Jaguar Academy, they were not going to be able to hold it without us. I stayed after school ended for FCAT parent night. The FCAT is the state test that school children take in Florida. Since a lot of the parents attending the meeting were going to be parents of children we have in our tutoring sessions, it was suggested that City Year put in an appearance at the event. Before that started at 6:30, though, and after it ended at 7:30, I spent all of my time making our classroom into a "winter wonderland" for the carnival I planned for next week. It was a LOT of work, but I am hoping that it will all pay off next week.

-Aly

No comments: