Friday, December 19, 2008

748 Hrs.

I am panicking because after typing in the title of this post, I am now realizing that I am behind in my hours by 102 hours. I don't know how that happend, but I guess all it means is that I am going to have to work extra hard to make those hours up starting January 5th, which is when the second half of the year begins for us.

This week has been very crazy for me. On Sunday, I went down to Bayfront Park to participate in a BBL during Bike Miami. The book we did was "'Twas the Night Before Christmas", and I got to be the mouse that wasn't stirring.

Monday and Tuesday were just like any other days at R. R. Moton, except that our classroom was turned into a winter wonderland. During all of our breaks during the day, my teammates and myself entertained students with games, contests, crafts, music, and lots of sugar. The kids really loved it, and I felt really good about it since I was the one who planned the entire event.

Wednesday was the last day my team was all going to be together at the school before break, so we went out to dinner after work.

Yesterday, I stayed after school with Alex, Madeline, Akilah, and Patty so we could watch the magnet holiday performance. The show was absolutely amazing, and included perfomances from the magnet dance, music, drama, and art students.

Today, I took the day off work.

-Aly

No comments: