Tuesday, February 24, 2009

1,208.25 Hrs.

Happy Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday!

Since today was Fat Tuesday, I took paczkis into school to share with my R. R. Moton team. Since I only just found out a couple of days ago that most people don't know what they are, I did some research about the paczki and found out that they are Polish and are popular in Poland (obviously), as well as in Michigan. ( Who knew?) A paczki is kind of like a jelly- or custard-filled donut, except that it has a whole lot more calories. They were orginally made on the Fat Tuesday so people could use up all of the things such as sugar and butter that they would not be allowed to use during the next forty days of Lent. I have eaten quite a few during my lifetime in Michigan, and I was delighted to be able to get ahold of a few to share with my team, and they were much appreciated!

The FCAT is in just two short weeks, so things have been coming down to the wire. Everyone at school is stressed out, and I can only imagine how the students are feeling!

-Aly

No comments: