Sunday, April 19, 2009

1.409.5 Hrs.

Even though I feel that I can't possibly become any more exhausted, I keep proving myself wrong.

The one bright spot this week was when we celebrated my Program Leader, Nick's, birthday. We went out to dinner on Wednesday night, and then had bagels for breakfast and cake for lunch on Thursday, which was Nick's actual birthday.

On Friday we completed back-breaking service at a local park. Really - I feel like I broke my back! For the entire day, we got to hoe, weed, mulch, plant flowers, and break up concrete for people who, unfortunately, seemed very ungrateful for the work we did.

Yesterday was a YH Saturday, and we took the Heroes to Virginia Key Beach so they could help clean up the bay.

Today for me consisted of church, and then working this evening at the Miami Science Museum. The Parent Academy, an organization we do a lot of work for, was hosting a family day there today, and I was put in charge of the arts and crafts room.

-Aly

DUG: 59

No comments: