Saturday, April 4, 2009

1,470 Hrs.

I know I have said this before, but I am now more exhausted than I have EVER been before.

Today was another Young Heroes Saturday, and the topic was "the roots of violence". In the morning, we learned about bullying and other types of violence, and then we had some time to work on our presentations for the Heroes Showcase. Then we had lunch, and after that, we walked to Little Havana for the Miami River Day Festival. For the first part of our time there, we walked around and asked people to sign our non-violence petition. For the second part, the Heroes were allowed to walk around to the booths, and got to learn about things such as water conservation and other service opportunities around their communities. After our walk back to the office, we had our reflection and debrief, and then everyone was dismissed. For the rest of this evening and tomorrow, all I am going to do is relax. Tomorrow is the last day I will have off all year, because I am going to have to work for nine hours a day for seven hours a week for the rest of the year in order to make up for the hours I missed while I was sick so I can graduate on time.

This morning, I finally got to use the Spanish I have been learning all year. I helped someone figure out what time her bus was supposed to come, and I was really proud of myself!

-Aly

DUG: 74

No comments: