Monday, April 6, 2009

1,480.5 Hrs.

I am so tired right now that I am afraid I will not be able to give a very good account of what happened today.

Today was the first day of Camp City Year, which is a camp we will be running while the students are on spring break. A ton of time in the last month or so has gone into planning this camp, which is for approximately 300 students and is run solely by City Year Miami. I was assigned to the programming team, which means that I am responsible for one aspect of the day's programming, which is arts and crafts in my case. The theme of the year is "globetrotters", so each of my lesson plans had to go along with the country we are visiting for the day. The place we visited today was Hawaii, so I had the students make their own leis. Then, I took pictures of them with their leis on and against a beach background, and those pictures will be printed out and put inside the picture frames they decorated today. Because I am trying to get in as many extra hours as possible, I had to wake up at 3:30 this morning in order to get to the camp by 7:00, so I could help with setup. The day was exhausting, and I almost fell asleep standing up several times. On my way home this evening, I also had to stop at the office so I could print out all the students' pictures on City Year's color printer. What a day.

-Aly

DUG: 72

No comments: