Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Friends

Woo hoo! Beth and I met six new people today!

My last day of freedom was today. This morning, Beth and I walked a mile and a half to the nearest PetSmart. Why did we do this? Well, Pip is all out of cat food, and PetSmart is the only place where I can find the particular brand of cat food that he will eat. My bright idea was to take Francheska with me, but apparently, anything more than a half a mile is too far for her to walk, so I ended up having to carry her most of the way there, and all of the mile and a half back to our apartment. The walk was incredibly hot and tiring for us, so when we got back to our apartment Beth and I immediately got into our swimsuits and jumped into our pool. After getting back from the pool, I discovered that my face and neck were burnt from the sun, and that I had awful heat rash all of the back of my legs. Walking to the grocery store, then, was like torture, since the sun and heat outside made the heat rash even worse.

After I had had time to relax a little, three guys from City Year called us and invited us to pizza. That was fun because we got to meet some really cool guys with whom we will be working this year, and also because we got free dinner. ; ) As soon as we got back, three girls who are also in City Year Miami and live in our apartment complex called us, so we went down to the pool to meet them. All six of our new friends seem very nice, and it was also cool to be able to have some fun before starting work.

Oh, and I've forgotten to mention another new friend I have made: Bar, my other roommate. He also seems very nice, and I'm glad to say that I feel like I will have a very pleasant time this year in this apartment with my two roommates.

I'm sorry that I have not updated everyone in the past few days, but I have really been doing a whole lot of nothing. I've spent the last few days in my apartment just waiting around for the bug guy and the maintenance people to fix everything up. I have internet in my apartment now, though!

Still no mail. Anyone willing to send me anything to brighten up my day a little???

CYM countdown: 16 hours

-Aly

No comments: