Sunday, August 31, 2008

"Have a great day. Why not? It doesn't cost you anything!"


Today, for the first time, I rode the bus all by myself, and I didn't even get lost! I was just going to church, which is only three miles away from my apartment, but I am still very proud of myself.

This afternoon, Beth and I took three buses out to Little Havana to visit Villa Vizcaya. Villa Vizcaya is a mansion that some bazillionaire built in 1910. The house is beautiful, but the ten acres of gardens are even more so. Admission to the house/museum is usually $12, but today was the last of three free admission days they had this summer. On the way back home, though, not surprisingly, Beth and I got lost. First of all, we couldn't find the bus station where we needed to catch our bus, so we had to take another bus to get to the bus station instead of walking there. We were an hour late for the bus we needed, and didn't know if another one was coming, so we took the metrorail to the metromover to the bus station, where we caught a bus back home. All in all, an hour long trip took three hours.

As for the title of this post-Beth and I seem to meet the most interesting people. This was something that a homeless guy told us while we were waiting for a bus. I think it is wonderful, though, don't you?

Included in this post are a couple of pictures from today. The top picture was taken in the orchid garden at Villa Vizcaya. The bottom is of the inside of my church, which really does no justice at all to how beautiful it is in real life.

-Aly

No comments: