Sunday, October 19, 2008

341 Hrs.

I can explain my long absence - really, I can!

Early this past week, my DSL line in my apartment stopped working. I have no idea what happened, but it was a severe enough problem that it couldn't be fixed over the phone with tech support; they had to actually send a technician out to fix it this weekend. The DSL being down wouldn't normally have been a problem, though, since I have internet access on my cell phone and can update my blog from there. It was a problem, though, since my cell phone also decided to stop working this week! And even after hearing about these problems, you may still ask why I didn't just use the internet at the library or at the cafe down by the pool in my apartment complex. If you were to ask me this, I would tell you that I didn't do either of those things because I was home sick with the stomach flu for the second part of the week, and couldn't spend much time out of bed.

Now that you have heard my story, do you forgive me for not updating my blog this week??? I thought so. ; )

As of today, I still feel very ill, but the DSL in my apartment has now been fixed. Who knows what I am going to do about my broken cell phone.

Anyway, this past week was pretty routine. I started tutoring a new group of first graders, but as of tomorrow, our schedules are going to all be switched around. The reason for this switch is that we have finally been able to understand what City Year's guidelines are concerning the types of children were are allowed to teach.

On Thursday, the state of Florida sent people to observe the school. Because of the visit, everyone was extremely stressed out the whole week, and a lot of what we did last week was helping to calm teachers' nerves by doing miscellaneous tasks for them.

On Friday, I had to miss work because of my illness.

Ok. Now that you are all semi-caught up with what has been going on in my life, I PROMISE to TRY to be more diligent with updating my blog from now on. No more slacking for me!

-Aly

No comments: