Monday, October 27, 2008

396.5 Hrs.

I lied. I did in fact do something other than lie around yesterday - Beth and I went down to South Beach for key lime pie. I had never had key lime pie before, so I thought that now that I live in Miami, it would be the perfect time to try it. It was delicious!

Today was just another Monday, I suppose. I woke up at 5:00, left the house around 6:00, and arrived at my school a little after 8:00. After P.T., I picked up my six first grade intervention students from their classes for our tutoring session at 8:45. The children were fairly well-behaved today, because I made it very clear that they would not be getting lollipops if they acted poorly. Thirty minutes later, I dropped off the students at their classes and headed for a third grade small group tutoring session. During the next thirty minutes, I helped my six third graders with a reading comprehension game. After that, I went back to the first grade part of the school for another thirty minute small group tutor session. This group normally consists of seven lovely little monsters, but today they were truly angels. The goal for today was to quiz each child on about fifty high-frequency vocabulary words, so while each individual child was quizzed, I let the other just draw, which worked out very well for keeping the craziness level down.

At 11:30, I had another intervention group with fourth graders, which was thankfully uneventful. At 1:00, I had a meeting with the principal about a new fifth grade intervention group that I will normally be meeting with from 1:00 to 1:30. Normally, after that intervention group, I will be running the Bringing Books to Life program with a second grade class for thirty minutes, but the BBL program won't be starting until next Monday. At 2:00, I had my last tutor session for the day, which is a third grade intervention group.

For the after school program today, nothing special occurred. Homework help, math practice, and the creative writing club is all that was on the agenda.

-Aly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you my precious!