Monday, October 20, 2008

350.5 Hrs.

Thankfully, I was feeling a lot better today than I had been feeling this weekend, and I was able to enjoy myself for most of the day.

First thing this morning, I met with my first grade group. They were slightly better behaved than usual, but still completely unruly. I didn't meet with my two one-on-one students after that, though, because they were doing some kind of standardized test during that time. I will not meet with those two students again, because tomorrow is when our complete and final schedule with the school begins, and which does not include one-on-one tutoring. During the afternoon, my two other tutor groups went off without a hitch.

When school ended, we had held our first day of "Jaguar Academy" (the Jaguar is the school's mascot, by the way). Every day after school, a group of about sixty students be attending JA, which will be led by the City Year members at the school. For the first thirty minutes of each session, the corps members will help the students finish their homework. The remaining ninety minutes will be spent doing other things, but those other things don't officially start until tomorrow, so I will tell you all more about what those "other things" are when I find out for myself! Today we just spent that time playing games with the kids.

-Aly

No comments: