Saturday, May 9, 2009

1,561.25 Hrs.

This past week has been really crazy.

Tuesday morning, I spent my morning in our downtown office doing a roundtable. The guest was a lady who is thinking about giving money to City Year, so she got to meet me (a real live corps member) and speak with me for a while before I had to hurry off to the school.

This week was a BBL week, which meant that all of my free periods I usually have during the day were devoted this week to BBL. The problem, though, is that I also needed to devote all my free time toward helping out with the school play, planning the Starfish Corps fundraiser, putting together SFC lesson plans for the rest of the year, planning SFC graduation, completing the testing that needs to be done for each student in the school, and grading science fair projects. As a result of being stretched so thin, I got very little accomplished of each thing, and seemed to disappoint a lot of people with how poor of a job I did putting each project together. For example, our SFC lessons this week were supposed to take place on a "deserted island", and all I got to do as far as setting up a deserted island was to make a few tiny trees out of brown and green paper to hang on the wall, and they didn't even really look like trees. : (

Also, I have been stressed out this weekend because my landlord is threatening to evict me in three days because he insists that I haven't paid my rent this month, even though I am 100% positive that I did. : ( : ( : ( I think I finally got the whole situation taken care of...

-Aly

DUG: 39

No comments: