Friday, May 22, 2009

1,677 Hrs.

This morning, we didn't have to be in to work until 9:00! What a luxury!

Today, we had our service day at Myrtle Grove Elementary School, which is another school at which City Year Miami has a team - in fact, my roommate, Beth, works at that school. For the service today, I spent the day pulling bushes, weeds, and trash out of a garden, and then replanting the bushes neatly along the fence of the garden. The bad part was that the three people supervising the project all had different ideas of what should happen with the garden, so that meant that I had to pull up and plant the same bushes three times. : ( Also, it was pouring rain most of the time we were doing service, so I got EXTREMELY muddy; I feel like I have never been this dirty before in my entire life!

I know you will never believe it, but I have a three-day weekend ahead of me! I don't even know what I will do with myself!

-Aly

DUG: 26

No comments: