Thursday, May 21, 2009

1,669.5 Hrs.

Today was an amazing day!

Unfortunately, I did not get to take part in the last BBL session. I do not like doing BBL, but I kind of wanted to one last time perform the lesson I had spent hours working on.

Mexico day was today! Since Javon and Jeremiah loved Greece day so much last week, Madeline and I had Mexico day today, and had quesadillas, tortilla chips, and "Mexican soda". We also played cool guitar and castanet music, and played with bubbles (since Madeline said that Mexican like to party and have a lot of fun and use bubbles???). Hopefully we can have Italy day some time before the end of the year. (Included below is a picture of Jeremiah and Javon on Greece day. Jeremiah is on the left, and Javon is on the right. I'm not sure why Javon is making that face...)

Today was also the last day of intervention tutoring. I think that both the kids and I are happy about that. Last night, I made chocolate chip cookies for them, but they were still able to find a way to argue with me about even that - they wanted more than the three cookies I gave each of them.

The last day of the penny fundraiser today, and it was a huge success! The grand total for what we collected is $759.07!!! Now is the hard part, though: getting a bank to take all 75,907 of our pennies.

After school, we spent the time making invitations for the parents to invite them to the Starfish Corps Graduation next Thursday.

-Aly

DUG: 27

No comments: