Wednesday, May 27, 2009

1,704 Hrs.

Springtime in Miami has proven to be beautiful. It rains almost every day now, but the torrential downfall only persists for about five minutes each time before giving way again to the sunshine. Fifteen minutes after a storm, you would never be able to guess it had ever rained, because the sun and heat will have already dried everything. I have never liked rainstorms, but they seem more peaceful here than anywhere else. The sunshine is also amazing. I know that Florida is the "Sunshine State", but it truly is wonderful to see the sun always shining. Another thing that is amazing is the sweet scent of mangoes! A fruit that was always a luxury to find at a store back in Michigan, grows in abundance on the trees here. The smell is in the air almost everywhere, and so many of them fall of the trees that anyone who likes mangoes will have more than they can eat.

I am very exhausted, because last night I woke up with a roach in my bed! Luckily, my cat was able to kill it for me, but I had a hard time sleeping after thinking about 4-inch roaches crawling over me while I sleep!

The past couple of days have been a flurry of planning for Starfish Corps Graduation, which will take place after school tomorrow. Wish me luck!

-Aly

DUG: 21

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! And enjoy the sunshine. We have rain in Michigan, but not much sun. Love, Mom