Sunday, March 1, 2009

1,243.75 Hrs.

This week has seemed like the longest week EVER, and I don't even know why!

Friday, the half of the corps that did service for Habitat for Humanity last week did a mini recruitment blitz this week. That means that we broke up into groups of five and dispersed ourselves at various college campuses in the area to try and recruit members for next year. Being a Friday afternoon by the time we got there, however, the campuses were pretty dead, and we did not meet our recruitment goal. : ( We were close, though.

Saturday was a Young Heroes Saturday again, and we learned about drugs and alcohol. I know I wrote that that topic was supposed to be last week, but I was wrong. Last week, we learned about the homeless population. This week, the students made their own PSA's about drugs and alcohol, and then we got to watch what everyone else made.

Today, I attended church and the first day of bible study. I have spent the rest of the day trying to recuperate and ready myself for the upcoming week!

-Aly

Days until graduation (DUG): 108

No comments: