Tuesday, March 24, 2009

1,376.25 Hrs.

It was really rough getting back into the swing of things today. My students kept insisting that they shouldn't have to do any work this week, since when I was gone last week they did no work at all. I don't blame them for being reluctant to start intervention again after the FCAT tests are done and over with and they now have no motivation to be better readers - I am feeling that same reluctance and lack of motivation. In my first class, I had to drop the whole lesson for the day in order to yell and give out detentions, and in my second class, I made four of my six students cry. What a day.

My third graders were a relief, though. They genuinely seemed to have missed me. In the after-school program, we did a science experiment where we got to make ice cream. What fun!

-Aly

DUG: 85

No comments: