Tuesday, March 10, 2009

1,300.25 Hrs.

Today was the first day of FCAT testing, so I spent my morning as a test proctor for one of the fifth grade classrooms. This meant that I spent three hours on my feet circling the classroom watching the students take their tests. Watching the students take the FCAT test has made me feel incredibly thankful for the school I went to. In the Saline schools, no one stressed out about the MEAP tests because everyone in my school did well without even trying too hard. At R. R. Moton, the whole schoolyear is taught to the test, and there is TONS of pressure on the students to pass the test so the school won't be taken over by the state and so the students can pass into the next grade. A lot of the students were so stressed to take the test today that they threw up or broke down crying in the middle of the test and were unable to finish. Unfortunately, the school is required to put that much emphasis on the test in order to have any hope of passing its students. I really wish there was a better system to test the students and the schools than the one already in place.

After school, the CY team stayed to paint a mural at the school since the after-school program has been canceled for the two weeks of the FCAT.

-Aly

DUG: 99

No comments: