Tuesday, September 16, 2008

133 Hrs.

Another night of little sleep, and another long and exhausting day. I enjoy hard work, though, and this is what I expected of a year of volunteer service, so I am not at all complaining.

This morning, the people on my R. R. Moton team went to visit our school. Below, you will find a picture of the welcome they gave us, and of my team. We met with the Principal, the Vice Principal, and a bunch of other people involved with what we will be doing in the school this year, and they loved us! We spent about four hours at the school, and during that time we looked at our schedule for the year, explored the layout of the school, and watched some of the classes. I am super excited for my work in the school to begin! After we got back to the office, we did some more teamwork building games, created a skit (which is a learning tool City Year apparently loves), and talked a little bit about the program we will be implementing this year in the schools called "Whole School Whole Child". I don't really know yet exactly what WSWC is, but I will definitely let you know when I find out myself.

-Aly



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The welcome they gave you is amazing. It brought tears to my eyes. You guys are doing a great thing. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Is the guy in the blue & white striped shirt really 7 feet tall?