Saturday, September 27, 2008

208 Hrs.

I was really excited for this weekend so I would have time to relax, and so far this weekend has lived up to my expectations.

This morning, I was able to sleep in for a little bit, but was still able to wake up early enough to get my laundry in before anyone else this morning. While my laundry was going, I walked to the grocery store to stock up on some of the items that I have been going without for a long time. I am very proud of myself because I was able to buy a couple weeks' worth of groceries for only $44!

In the afternoon, I went over to the main branch of the public library to help Irene (one of my fellow City Year corps members) with a service day that she had planned. Along with a few other City Year members, we demonstrated P.T. so we could give the audience a little taste of City Year Miami culture. I didn't stay very long because I had hoped to get to the post office before it closed, but didn't end up making it in time anyway.

Tonight was pretty low-key as well. At 6:30, I headed over to Trevor's for a movie night; we watched "Mulan" and "The Lion King". It is now 11:00 p.m., and I am already home from Trevor's and ready to go to bed and get lots of sleep tonight. I'm going to need lots of rest before starting at R. R. Moton on Monday!

-Aly

No comments: