Tuesday, September 9, 2008

53 Hrs.

Today was much of the same at BTA. I guess the only thing we did differently today was to get fingerprinted. Since we will be working in the schools, we have to have our fingerprints taken so they can look us up in the "database" as part of a background check. I've never had my fingerprints taken before, so I felt really strange having it done. I even thought that they still used ink pads-they don't, though, they use a scanner machine.

At 6:00 am tomorrow I will be leaving for the three-day Basic Training Retreat (BTR). I am definitely not looking forward to the retreat, but I am dreading it even more now that I have developed a fever in addition to my cold. I also feel bad about leaving Pip and Francheska for three days. : (

I will be home around 10:00 pm Friday evening, but who knows if I will have enough energy then to tell you all about the retreat. Have a good week, everyone!

-Aly

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay safe Aly. I look forward to hearing about your trip. And I'm VERY relieved that the hurricane should be missing you.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby, you should be home in bed where I can take care of you. Franny & Pip will be fine. You've survived worse than 3 days of training. Hang in there!
Love, Hugs & Kisses from your Mother

Anonymous said...

Alyssa,
We miss you, but know you are doing great things!
Love,
Mrs. Miller

Anonymous said...

I love you aly, and good luck on that retreat!

Anonymous said...

Pip, I miss you! I can't wait until I see you again! (and Alyssa too)

Love, Libby