Wednesday, September 3, 2008

18 Hrs.

The goal of City Year is to provide youth with an opportunity to complete an entire year of service, or approximately 1,700 hours. Throughout the year, Corp Members count their hours in order to be sure that they complete all of the 1,700 hours before graduation from the program in mid-June. From now on, the titles of my posts will be the tally of how many service hours I have completed thus far, in order to keep myself and other updated as to how close I am to reaching my goal. Yesterday and today I completed 9 hours each day during BTA, and those hours go under the category of "member development".

Today was much of the same as yesterday. I don't know if I enjoyed my time more today, but it was different because of the sense of camaraderie the has already developed between the CY members, and also because of the fact that a lot of the boring introduction stuff is now finished.

I can't wait until the ball actually starts rolling!

-Aly

No comments: